ELDER ZACK WHITNEY


Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.





New Assistant to the President

New Assistant to the President
There are three of us (assistants) right now, but Elder Saenz goes home in like three weeks, so it will just be me and Elder Tilley my last 8 weeks or so.
I love being AP. There is a lot of pressure and stress sometimes and a lack of sleep, but seriously it’s so so so cool. Definitely one of the biggest blessings I could have ever received on my mission.




Tuesday, March 23, 2010

March 22, 2010




Hola,
Sounds like everything is good, this week was crazy especially yesterday and a little sad. Well with the familia contreras we had the baptism set for both the husband and the wife.

The story of that family is crazy. They were listening to the elders before and the x wife of Christian fell in love with one of the elders and so when he ended his mission she went up to the United states with the elder and they got married in salt lake city. She lies and tells everyone that Christian was horrible and that he beat her and his daughter all the time and they had to move for that. Well, he hated the church and the missionaries and he never wanted to accept the missionaries again, and he got married again to his current wife now. When he got married, he almost died like 4 times in these freak accidents but only got hurt a lot and never died.

Like one time he was leaving to go to work and he left his house and he felt strongly that he should go back inside the house and so he walked back in the door a car came swerving around the corner and drilled his car that was parked in front of his house. He would have been in the car if he wouldn’t have listened to his feelings.

Also this last little while crazy thing have been happening in their house. Like they always see a man in black sitting inside their house at night. So that’s the reason we started teaching them because we first went to bless their house. It was a referencia del Obispo. And so we went and started teaching them and they have changed a ton and their is like a new light in their house and they all have changed and so finally when they attended three times at church we set the fecha bautismal and wow..

The first night the fecha was set, we all kneeled down to pray and my companion started to pray but he stopped in the beginning and told me he couldn’t pray and asked me to pray so I started to pray and near the end of my prayer the light directly above my head exploded! The glass didn’t explode but there was something in the light bulb that blew out and there were sparks and everything and the TV turned off. So that same night she came to our house and the bishops house at 11 and told us to come back over. The bishop had to tell them that the evil spirits and all that really do exist and that we can bless the house a million times but as long as they do things that don’t invite the spirit those things can happen.

So the bishop gave them and the daughter blessings and when we were all kneeled down again to say the closing prayer the dog all of a sudden freaked out and ran under the table and was growling and shaking way hard. The bishop came over to our house later the next day and told us that he felt something real heavy in the room and that the dog saw or sensed it too. Well Sunday their baptism was at 5 and at 4:30 the wife ran over to our pension and said that Christian had to go the hospital because he had a kidney stone! So went with them to the hospital and ya....

This week was good to cause were continuing to find lots of investigators and we could have a ton of baptisms this change. Me and me companion are staying together living solo again.

I’m glad I’m staying in my sector because I’m going to learn Spanish faster and there is a ton of work to do. Dad is sick, Does he have the flu? That’s crazy that the rugby team played highland, is Preston doing ok? Rugby is way tough... That’s cool about the Jazz but sucks about BYU.. Kansas is way good. Never ran into Jared’s cousin you have to tell me his name again. And no - never used the pizza hut cards yet, but I’m pretty sure you can’t use them here...

Well got to go bye! Here’s some pictures. I love you and I’m thankful for everything you have done for me!

Elder Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment